Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Coffee, Computer, and Quiet??

I'm on my second cup of coffee. (I suppose that's as good a way as any to start out a brand new blog.) Although, when I make my coffee I always throw in a scoop of decaf so I can mentally subtract part of my coffee when I'm tallying my total daily caffeine intake. (Let's see, three cups of coffee, but part decaf!- I must have only had 2 cups worth of caffeine.) It's totally counter productive since I always feel justified taking another cup- and by the way, my coffee mugs hold much more than 8 oz of that glorious java.

Anyway, my husband just got me this fabulous mini- laptop and I felt inspired to write. When I started, my 8 month old daughter was fast asleep in her crib. (Her naps seems to be a rareity lately...perhaps since I'm breastfeeding she's getting a little too much coffee herself?) And of course, she just woke up so I'm sure I won't bother everyone with much more of this blog. She's been teething lately (and finally) and also has a stuffy nose so I'm babying her as though she were in a full body cast.

It's sort of a vicious cycle though...for 6 or so months she slept in her bed but recently we let her spend a few nights in our bed. Big mistake. She now feels it's her right to have a sleeping partner and lets us know that every night. I'm exhausted, but part of me wants to go to her every time she cries. I suppose with the first you sort of have to do it all...baby them too much, then let them cry it out and sleep on their own. We learn as we go. I cannot seem to follow anybody else's advice very well when it comes to getting my child on a sleep schedule. Call me stubborn, or crazy...I'm sure I'm a little of both.

Well, that's all for now. Enjoy some coffee for me...and maybe a little more quiet than I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment